Friday, June 13, 2008

Using Google Bookmarks for CTR Increase

I noticed today that while signed in on my Google Accounts and browsing over at Google search for some information, that a website I have been writing down a few related search terms have a different look. My website which is a blog upon finding in the results page displays a different extra highlighted terms and keywords below the listing.

The keywords are clickable links and upon clicking each of them, it led me to my Google Bookmarks where the site I found in the results is also listed and tagged with the same keywords that I found below the search results. The details became clear to me that it is all about the Google Bookmarks which allows you to bookmark some of the most important finds that you stumble along your search. These contains the websites that you liked and want to get back to and upon bookmarking these websites, they appear in your own account in the part of the bookmarks.

I also found out that these bookmarks are responsible for making your site which appear in the results have a different look and this gives a little bit clearer view of what the users can find when they click on your website. This can also give the user who finds your website listing a clue that the tags will lead you to when you click on them.

For me this is a very good way of informing the users that what you have are actually good and better usability of the search results, making the user click more on your website especially if it is really discussing the tags that appear withing the search results. This is additional quality traffic in the part of the website owner and enables him/her to get more of the share of quality traffic from organic search results and upon internet users finding your site listed in the top page. This I bet is one of the great features of the Google search future.

No comments:

Online Dating Philippines

Online Dating Philippines

Click Image & Sign Up Now !